Providing a safe work place means helping your employees to be prepared for emergencies and work-related injuries by ensuring your facility meets the OSHA Ontario standards. Personal protective equipment is part of the preparation for PPE and Infection control.
Protecting workers from COVID-19 With Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Under Ontario’s labour laws, employers must take every reasonable precaution to protect the health and safety of workers. This includes protecting workers from hazards posed by infectious diseases.
Requirements for all workplaces under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
OHSA requirements for all employers include:
- ensuring workers know about hazards by providing information, instruction and supervision on how to work safely
- ensuring supervisors know what is required to protect workers’ health and safety on the job
- creating workplace health and safety policies and procedures
- ensuring workplace parties follow the law and the workplace health and safety policies and procedures
- ensuring workers wear the right protective equipment and are trained on how to use it
- taking all precautions reasonable in the circumstances to protect workers from being hurt or getting a work-related illness
Read the guide to the Occupational Health and Safety Act to understand all of your health and safety rights and responsibilities.
Masks and Hand Sanitizers
With the lingering COVID-19 pandemic, all workplaces need to be even more aware of the health and safety standards from the local public health authority.
Both in commercial, retail and industrial settings, masks, sanitizers are the minimum requirements to safely allow both visitors to your property and to protect your employees.
Did you know disposable kid-size masks are also available, to ensure that children’s masks fit their faces properly?
Hearing and Eye Protection
Hearing and eye protection are mandatory in any construction, industrial or warehouse facility. The onus is on the employer to provide the protection necessary for employees who are in these settings. The eyewear and hearing protection depends on the workplace environment. At Acord Fire and Safety we can provide all levels of eye and hearing protection equipment.
If you need personal protective equipment (PPE) for the workplace reach out to us at 905-852-6847 or contact us.